Location: Kelowna, BC
Wage: $15 - $17 depending on experience
Are you looking to gain experience in the field of finance, accounting, office management or bookkeeping? Are you looking for great flexibility and a positive work environment?
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a part-time bookkeeping assistant. You will assist our operations manager and bookkeeper with Quickbooks management, data entry, invoicing and billing. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, with great attention to detail and an interest in finance, office management or accounting.
This is the perfect opportunity for any student, someone looking for part-time work to gain hands on experience!
Our employees IMPACT portia-ella and our industry every day through our core values
The causes we champion drive our choices in the short term and the long run. We work towards making this the norm in Canada every day.
1. Sustainability in Beauty
2. Proudly Canadian
3. Supporting Women in Business and Beauty
We are seeking a part-time (8-10 hours a week) bookkeeper/accounting assistant to join our team. This may evolve into full time position in future based on the performance of the individual. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Overseeing the accounts receivables and payables
• General data entry
• Managing vendor payments, invoicing
• Managing intercompany balance
• Month end accounting
• Monitoring ledger transactions and maintaining the accounting records
• Preparing various financial data for monthly and quarterly reports
• Maintaining records for budgets and expenditures
• Handling queries of other team members and Company's product partners
• Adhoc tasks as may be required.
What We Offer
portia-ella is the kind of small business that recognizes that people thrive when they have room to grow. We create, and advocate for personalized career growth that matches YOUR goals and unique skills. We are always thinking around, outside and on the edges of the box.
Our culture and work environment is collaborative and supportive. The network within portia-ella allows and encourages everyone to be their best self.
You will have access to industry leaders, brand founders, top CEOs, and lifelong connections in a billion-dollar industry! Portia-ella encourages lifelong learning and development.
People are only their best when they feel their best. We will look after you and provide benefits that cover everything from dental to eyecare and mental health support. It is important to look after ourselves and each other
Working at portia-ella means you are directly affecting and changing consumer choices for the better. You have a tangible effect on the Canadian economy and sustainable growth by encouraging sustainable choices.
• 1-2 years accounting/finance or office management experience
• 2-5 years retail experience
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• QuickBooks experience is a strong asset
• You strive to be an expert and share your knowledge with your team
• You inspire the people around you to upgrade their skincare and makeup routine to ethical brands at portia-ella
• Contribute positively to team goals and efforts through the art of bookkeeping and community building
• Ensuring all your tasks and duties are completed effectively and timely with high attention to details
• Represent portia-ella and yourself with gratitude and pride
We cultivate beauty, and this involves hearing from our teams about what clients are asking for and need from us. We’re a young growing brand! In other words, we’re a small team and we work collaboratively, giving you the opportunity to make a bigger impact on the business and find your fit within the industry.
Apply via email please indicate the position and city you are applying for in your email subject with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Portia-ella is an equal opportunity employer and values inclusivity. We hire based on personality, ability, and desire.