Location: Kelowna, BC
Wage: $18-20 depending on experience
Are you looking to build and grow with a local business? Gain experience in sustainability and commerce? Are you motivated, organized with strong communication skills?
Portia-ella is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and organized administrative assistant to join or HQ in Kelowna.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a full time, 30-40 hours a week administrative assistant to support all aspects of our business.
You are an independent, entrepreneurial, and organized administrative assistant with a strong background in communication! You will assist our Studio Director and CEO with administrative tasks, business support and communication. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn quickly, with great attention to detail, motivation, and organization.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to make an impact and grow with a company whose values match your own!
Our employees IMPACT portia-ella and our industry every day through our core values
The causes we champion drive our choices in the short term and the long run. We work towards making this the norm in Canada every day.
1. Sustainability in Beauty
2. Proudly Canadian
3. Supporting Women in Business and Beauty
You're powerful and independent. You thrive off using your communication skills to cultivate and grow relationships with your team, our brand partners, and our clients.
With your drive, communication skills, and organization you're a key playing in supporting portia-ella to be the standard in the beauty industry.
• General data entry and organization/managing files and accounts
• Spearhead communications and negotiations with suppliers, contractors, and clients
• Manage business accounts for internet, phone, filing, communication etc.
• HR admin tasks such as contracts, benefits admin, job descriptions, and onboarding
• Create and demonstrate useful data with reports and analytics
• Create, format and, proofread documents and communications
• Attend meetings, contribute, and take minutes • Manage CRA, WCB and WorkSafe BC information
• Contribute to website maintenance
• Contribute and collaborate on marketing and PR initiatives
• Contribute to drafting, editing, and formatting articles, posts, and publications
• Support staff with troubleshooting software and systems and studio purchases/inveentory
• Handling queries of other team members and portia-ella product partners
• Ad hoc tasks as required.
What We Offer
portia-ella is the kind of small business that recognizes that people thrive when they have room to grow. We create, and advocate for personalized career growth that matches YOUR goals and unique skills. We are always thinking around, outside and on the edges of the box.
Our culture and work environment is collaborative and supportive. The network within portia-ella allows and encourages everyone to be their best self.
You will have access to industry leaders, brand founders, top CEOs, and lifelong connections in a billion-dollar industry! Portia-ella encourages lifelong learning and development.
People are only their best when they feel their best. We will look after you and provide benefits that cover everything from dental to eyecare and mental health support. It is important to look after ourselves and each other
Working at portia-ella means you are directly affecting and changing consumer choices for the better. You have a tangible effect on the Canadian economy and sustainable growth by encouraging sustainable choices.
• 2-3 years administrative experience
• 2-3 years retail experience
• 1-3 years customer service experience
• degree or diploma in business admin or related field
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• You strive to be an expert and share your knowledge with your team
• You inspire the people around you to upgrade their skincare and makeup routine to ethical brands at portia-ella
• Contribute positively to team goals and efforts through the art of bookkeeping and community building
• Ensuring all your tasks and duties are completed effectively and timely with high attention to details
• Represent portia-ella and yourself with gratitude and pride
We cultivate beauty, and this involves hearing from our teams about what clients are asking for and need from us. We’re a young growing brand! In other words, we’re a small team and we work collaboratively, giving you the opportunity to make a bigger impact on the business and find your fit within the industry.
Apply via email please indicate the position and city you are applying for in your email subject with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Portia-ella is an equal opportunity employer and values inclusivity. We hire based on personality, ability, and desire.