Often, ingredients are put into products to make them more pleasing, to enhance the texture, smell or give them a longer shelf life. But that doesn't mean that our bodies system knows how to process them and that they are safe for humans and the environment!
At portia-ella, we know that there is always a better way, and each ingredients in our products play a positive role in your health.
portia-ella's Selection Process
- We ASSESS what our clients are needing and wanting, and determine whether our current offering meets this needs.
- We REVIEW multiple products and brands annually. We screen through ingredients, and ask key questions to the makers!
- We TEST. Now that we know the products are safe, we need to know if they deliver! We ensure the products are tested by different professional so that different perspectives and needs are considered when making a final selection. We want to see how it works on a variety of skin types, ages, and people.
- We CONSIDER the environmental footprint of the company and dive deep into the company's processes and choices.
- We GET TO KNOW each other on a personal level. There is a human behind each brand, and in order to share the whole goodness with you, we need to get to the heart of the people we work with and support!
Our Products Always
- Meet or exceed the labeling and product safety of Canadian regulations.
- Made with ingredients deemed safe. We stay current in the beauty market with ever evolving research and developments.
- Follow Fair Trade practices.
- Chose environmentally friendly packaging, each in their own capacity.
- Made with care and community in mind.
Our Products Never
- Test on animals. Seriously, why do brands still do this?
- Use harsh synthetic and artificial ingredients. The alternatives work much better anyways! The list of ingredients not found in our lines are long, however, here are the few worst offenders which our products are absolutely FREE of:
- Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrance/Parfun/Perfume
- BHA & BHT
- Synthetic Colours
Our mandate is to work ethically, environmentally and with great care in mind.