Carotene Glow Antioxidant Booster
Customize your serums and moisturizers with this bioactive-rich booster. This ultra-concentrated botanical blend, containing carotene that converts to retinol within the skin, protects the skin while creating a warm, healthy, summery glow.
- A concentrated formula of botanical extracts with high levels of antioxidants to nourish and rejuvenate skin
- Protects skin’s barrier from harsh weather conditions
- Carotene - An active vitamin A that keeps skin smooth and firm. In higher concentrations, the orange pigment provides a warm glow to skin tone.
- Creates experience of customization in skin care routine
- CO2 Supercritical Extraction - A method of extracting plant chemicals by using pressurized CO2 as a solvent. It is one of the most efficient extractions to create a substance that embodies the entire plant rather than just the essential oils or triglycerides (cold-pressed oils).
- Sea Buckthorn CO2 - This CO2 extraction is from the pulp of the bright orange sea buckthorn berry and contains 34% palmitic acid and 31% palmitoleic acid, fatty acids found naturally in our skin. They function similarly to our sebum forming a protective layer that keeps moisture in. Sea Buckthorn CO2 has a high level of beta-carotene that transforms into anti-aging retinol, an active form of vitamin A in the skin.
- Rosehip Seed CO2 - The seeds of the rosehip from the rose bush are packed with the two essential fatty acids omega 6 linoleic acid and omega 3 linolenic acid that are known for their soothing moisture barrier repair and maintenance. This CO2 also contains oleic acid, beta-carotene, phytosterols, and vitamin E.
- Pomegranite Seed CO2 - The seeds of the pomegranate yield a lipid that contains 70% of the rare omega 5 fatty acid called punicic acid, which acts as a strong antioxidant to repair dry skin. Pomegranate seed CO2 also boasts other firming components such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, vitamin E, phytosterols, and squalene. The combination of these bioactives help protect skin’s moisture barrier and reduce the signs of aging.
- Frankincense CO2 (Wild Grown & FairWild® certified) - This CO2 comes from the resin of the Boswellia tree. Like all resins, this is the repair system of the tree and has soothing, rejuvenating properties. The main constituents are the antioxidant terpenes alpha-pinene, insensol, and caryophyllene. The last two are only in the CO2 and not the essential oil and boast many rejuvenating properties. The supplier of the extract we purchase is FairWild® certified. That means only a few collecting families are authorized, thus yields are extremely limited. Their precious groves of Frankincense trees are rotated and scratched for gum harvest only every third year.
Add two drops of Carotene Glow Antioxidant Booster to your serum or moisturizer application in your hand, blend, and apply to face and neck.
Ideal for: Normal Skin · Dry Skin
Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) CO2*, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) CO2*, Punica Gratanum (Pomegranate) CO2*, Boswella Carteri (Frankincense) CO2, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosmarius Officinalis (Rosemary) CO2*.