This policy describes how portia-ella, Inc. (collectively, “portia-ella”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, and shares your personal information.
What We Collect
The following are examples of the personal information we collect:
|Examples of Personal Information Collected
|Registering on our website
|Name and e-mail address
|Purchasing on our website
|Name, credit card number, billing address, shipping address, and telephone number
|In-Store And Online Services
|For some online and in-store digital experiences, you may elect to submit (or we may ask your permission to take) pictures of your skin, hair, or other images of you. For example, if you use one of our in-store digital experiences, we may capture images of you. For some of our services, we may request additional information as relevant, including having you fill out forms or waivers.
|Name, full birthday, telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address
|Sweepstakes and contests
|Name, e-mail address, and age
|Product Availability Notifications
|Name and e-mail address
In addition, we may use the following technologies to automatically collect information about your activities on our websites.
- Flash Cookies.
- Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags.
- Web server logs.
- Geo-location technologies.
Note that we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at portia-ella.ca, but you should not make a purchase, register, or submit personal information to us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
portia-ella, Inc primarily uses the personal information that it collects to provide you with products, information, and services. We may use your information to track your purchase history, suggest products, and to contact you for account and promotional purposes. We may also use your personal information for other legitimate business purposes, including to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us and to maintain business records.
How We Share Your Personal Information
portia-ella, Inc. may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us (including affiliates acting in this capacity), such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. We share Canadian client e-mail activity data to help better target e-mail deployments to consumers for marketing purposes. We do not license any shared e-mail addresses or any specific e-mail activity data with other third parties that are not portia-ella, Inc. service providers. Should you wish to opt-out of this sharing, you simply need to opt-out of e-mail communications from us. Some of our service providers are located outside of Canada, including in the United States. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit law enforcement, government or national security authorities to have access to your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Joint Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product or service, including financial institutions, such as if we offer you a portia-ella branded payment card. These joint marketing partners may only use this information to market and offer portia-ella related products unless you have given consent for other uses. Additionally, to the extent permitted by law, portia-ella's joint marketing partners may share your personal information with us to better serve you.
- Social Networks, Widgets, and Plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our website by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For example, if you use Facebook’s “Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “liked” a product and may post that information on Facebook.
- Community. portia-ella's online community (“Community”) allows you to participate in portia-ella Groups, portia-ella Conversations, the portia-ella Gallery, to provide Ratings & Reviews, and to receive product recommendations.
If you have previously registered for a portia-ella account and selected a nickname, a public Profile page containing your nickname all past and current contributions to portia-ella's public forums will be automatically generated and will be visible to everyone. This is content that already exists on portia-ella public platforms, but it is now being organized into one centralized place for your reference.
If you have not previously registered for a portia-ella account and selected a nickname as indicated above, you can only create a public Profile page if you affirmatively choose to be a part of our Community.
Some of the information you provide in association with the Community can be seen by everyone on your Profile and some information can only be seen by you on your Profile, as indicated below:
|Seen by You and Everyone else on your Profile
|Seen Only by You on your Profile
|Profile and banner photo or default avatar
|# of Insiders that you follow and that follow you
|"About You" content created by you
|Your Instagram/Youtube handles shared by you
|Skin tone and type, hair colour and type, eye colour, age range
|Personal traits such as skin concerns* and hair concerns*
|Looks (photos and videos)
|Review Recent Purchases
|Products Recommended For You
- Other instances. portia-ella may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with the law or legal process.
- Business transition. portia-ella may share your personal information with another company that buys some, or all, of the assets portia-ella, and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. portia-ella may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction.
portia-ella may share de-identified information (i.e., information that is not directly connected to your name) in the following circumstances in addition to those identified above:
- Aggregate information. We may share de-identified aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners.
- Behavioral-based advertising. A third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website and other websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites.
How We Protect Your Information
The file containing your personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible by our authorized employees, agents and mandataries who require access in order to perform their job functions. We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously and maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help protect your personal information. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
You have the following choices with how your information is used:
|What you need to do
|Updating or Correcting the Personal Information Relating to Your Account
|You can update or correct your name, e-mail address, security questions, and other preferences by logging into your account and clicking on the “My Account” page, or visiting a portia-ella store and speaking with a representative.
|Receiving newsletters and promotional e-mails
|You can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive. You can also edit your e-mail preferences on your “My Account” page.
|Behavioral Based Advertising
|You can opt-out of some, but not all, online behavioural based advertising by using your browser settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
|Remove content from user review
|You can remove content that you posted on a portia-ella public space, such as part of a Ratings & Review, by e-mailing details to email@example.com. Note that we will endeavour to honour your request to remove information, however, our removal of your information does not completely erase that information from the internet. For example, historical copies, or “caches,” may remain.
|You can remove some of your portia-ella Community activity by emailing Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Updated Credit Card Information
|If you have given portia-ella permission to store your credit card information and your credit card issuer provides an account updater service, we may receive updated credit card information from the issuer (through third-party service providers), including updated credit card number and expiry date. If you don’t want merchants like portia-ella to receive your updated credit card information please contact your card issuer.
|You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses or disclosures of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
Communicating With Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact portia-ella by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
363 Stephen Street
Morden, MB, R6M 1V1
Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If we need or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
Changes To This Policy
1 "Cookies" are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the site to make your visits to our website more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our website. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain web pages, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
2 Flash cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
3 Web beacons are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
4 Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
5 Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.